2020 Self-Determination Conference

SD Network
SD Network
@sd-network
4 years ago
35 posts

The Self-Determination Conference was a little different this year. We missed seeing everyone in-person, but we're glad so many people could join virtually.  There were a ton of great sessions and events again this year. What was your favorite part? What were some things that you learned? What resources did you find particularly helpful? Did something really inspire you?

Let's keep the conversation going! Share your comments, questions, and ideas here!

Stacy Ellingen
Stacy Ellingen
@stacy-ellingen
4 years ago
34 posts

I thought the conference was absolutely amazing!!! I think everyone would have liked it to be in-person, but, given the circumstances, the virtual format worked incredibly well! Major props to everyone behind the scenes who put it together. What an amazing job!!! 

I loved Wednesday's keynote! I think everyone needed that positivity from advocates. I especially liked a couple of the breakout sessions.  Follow Your Passion: An Advocacy Journey, Creating a Plan for a Self-Directed Life: Seeing Through the Fog with IRIS, and Pathways to Leading a Self-Determined Life were really good. I also loved meeting people in the YouTube Channel Hangouts. I can't forget to mention the virtual dance party either! It was awesome to see so many people having fun! Congrats, People First!! 

The conference was no doubt different this year, but it was awesome. I came away feeling refreshed and ready to advocate some more. What did others think? 

Evelyn Azbell
Evelyn Azbell
@evelyn-azbell
4 years ago
1 posts

I thoroughly enjoyed the conference. It was difficult to choose which session to join. I am glad they were recorded and look forward to checking into the ones I didn't watch live. I also appreciate the availability of electronic handouts for the sessions that had them. The keynotes were excellent both days. I hope next year the conference can be held in person but as someone who lives in very northern Wisconsin I hope you'll consider streaming it. 

Congratulations on a job well done to all of you involved in making this happen! 

Tags

Dislike 0