WISCONSIN BOARD FOR PEOPLE WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES: Youth Leadership Forum Applications Now Available
Do you know a high school student with a disability who is a leader or a budding advocate? If so, please refer them to the Wisconsin Youth Leadership Forum (YLF)!
WHO: High school students with disabilities who have an IEP (up to age 21)
WHERE: Edgewood College, Madison, WI
WHEN: July 19 – 24, 2020
COST: FREE to invited participants
In just one week, students will gain:
- Better leadership skills
- Practice getting/keeping a job
- Career exploration
- Improved self-advocacy skills
- Adult mentors to support you
- A Personal Leadership Plan to keep you focused when you go home
- Increased confidence
- Experience with independent living skills
- Connections with your state legislators & new friends
- Memories and fun!
Application is available at: https://wi-bpdd.org/index.php/wisconsin-youth-leadership-forum/
Applications are due April 1st, 2020!
Being selected to attend the Youth Leadership Forum is a distinct honor that can go on a resume!
Questions? Contact, Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-266-7707.