2015 Self-Determination Conference

SD Network
SD Network
@sd-network
9 years ago
35 posts

We were so pleased to see so many of you at this year's Self-Determination Conference. There were a ton of great sessions and events this year. What was your favorite part? What were some things that you learned? Do you have a funny story from the conference? Did something really inspire you?

Lets keep the conversation going! Share your comments, questions, and ideas here.

updated by @sd-network: 02/24/16 11:01:04AM
Deb Wisniewski
Deb Wisniewski
@deb-wisniewski
9 years ago
0 posts

I think that's a very interesting idea, Jason, about the micros and the professionals being side by side. By professionals, are you referring to the providers & advocacy organizations that had tables there?

Marie Massart
Marie Massart
@marie-massart
9 years ago
18 posts

I really enjoyed the Conference this year I took some new steps into trying things out of my comfort zone. I found that one can truly be themselves and no have a care about how they look. As in my community I care about making a fool of myself. I have found that I am more comfortable as time goes by talking in front of people. One thing that was fun for me was being able to as always see out and new connections and the fact people remember faces if you do something inspiring. I love going to conference every year as I learn new things each time going. This year I learn a lot about how to get others involved in what they like and what they are good at. I find myself struggling with something's if you cant get people engaged in activities.

Tags

Dislike 0