2021 Self-Determination Conference

SD Network
SD Network
@sd-network
3 years ago
35 posts

It was a great Conference again this year! We understand many people missed being able to attend in-person, but we were glad so many people were able to join virtually. There were a ton of great sessions and events. What was your favorite part? What were some things that you learned? What resources did you find particularly helpful? Did something really inspire you?

Let's keep the conversation going! Share your comments, questions, and ideas here.

updated by @sd-network: 10/20/21 09:41:58PM
Stacy Ellingen
Stacy Ellingen
@stacy-ellingen
3 years ago
34 posts

I thought it was a very well put together conference again this year! I can't imagine what it took to plan something like that. Major kudos to anyone who was involved. I thought both keynotes were very well put together. They had a great diverse group of speakers. I've heard it many times, but Cindy's story always makes my heart fill with joy--it's remarkable! I attended some good sessions as well. I especially liked the Employer Authority 101. I didn't necessarily learn too much new, but it was nice to hear others are doing the same thing I am and they have the same challenges. It was fun chatting with others about that. 

I always love the Diehard Awards. This year, I knew 6-7 of the winners. Congratulations to all!

i love how after a great conference like this, I come away feeling refreshed and rejuvenated--to continue to advocate!!! I'm interested to hear if others feel the same way.  

Fclayborne
Fclayborne
@fclayborne
3 years ago
1 posts
I enjoyed every minute of it. From the kick off to the hang out. Very put together.
dellingen
@dellingen
3 years ago
3 posts
The conference was awesome this year ! Kudos to all the BPDD , In control, Tmg , and all the people setting it up. I love the fact that so many were able to access it through different languages-be it signing or be it Spanish. I also thought that sessions on and by people of many different abilities made it so much more interesting. Everyone was positive, solutions based. Just nothing short of awesome !! We all look forward to being in person but the sectionals and the keynotes were amazing!

Tags

Dislike 0