The CMS Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office (MMCO), in collaboration with the Lewin Group and the American Geriatrics Society, will hold a webinar Thursday, December 7th on Interdisciplinary Care Teams for Older Adults.
This webinar will identify common challenges and best practices for Interdisciplinary Care Teams (ICT) working with older adults. Presenters will also address the importance of clinical, psychosocial, long-term care, behavioral, and community-based support for older adults, particularly Medicare/Medicaid beneficiaries.
Participants will learn how to:
- Identify different members of the ICT and how the team’s approach to care may change over time based on the social and health needs of the older adult.
- Describe effective approaches to create high performing teams including clarifying roles of team members and establishing methods of communication and information sharing with the individual, their family, and core team members.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of strategies to integrate long-term services and supports into care planning and overall team coordination.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the ICT interacts with the consumer, and if appropriate, their caregiver.
This webinar takes place Thursday, December 7 from 11:00 a.m. CT to 12:30 p.m. CT. Click here to register. Continuing Medical Education (CME) and Continuing Education (CE) credit is available for this webinar.
- Gwendolyn Graddy-Dansby, M.D., F.A.C.P., Medical Director, PACE Southeast Michigan
- Sandra White, LMSW, ACSW, PACE Southeast Michigan
- Ellen LaSalvia, MSW, LSW, Buckeye Health Plan