ADMINISTRATION FOR COMMUNITY LIVING: ACL Launches Redesigned Eldercare Locator Website
The Administration for Community Living is pleased to launch our newly redesigned Eldercare Locator website. Located online at eldercare.acl.gov, the updated website makes it easier for older adults and their caregivers to find essential aging resources. New features include:
- A mobile-optimized design to easily access the Eldercare Locator on a computer, phone, or tablet
- A geographical search bar allows visitors to search for local aging resources from any page on the site
- Caregiver Corner with answers to the most frequently asked questions the Eldercare Locator Call Center receives from caregivers
- A new “Learn More About” section that provides information on popular topics like transportation, support services, elder rights, housing, health, and insurance and benefits
- A centralized location that enables older adults and caregivers access Eldercare Locator brochures on topics important to their health and well-being
For more than 25 years, the Eldercare Locator Call Center and website have served as critical tools to assist older adults and those who support them in navigating the range of services and options available to seniors. In 2017, more than 470,000 visitors accessed the Eldercare Locator’s website. The Call Center receives more than 350,000 calls every year and answered its 4 millionth call earlier this year.
We encourage you to explore the new website. We will continue to expand and update our resources to provide valuable information for older adults and their caregivers to serve our vital and ever growing aging population.
Launched in 1991, the Eldercare Locator is a national information and referral resource providing support to consumers across the spectrum of issues affecting older Americans.