Family Care Waiver Amendment Posted for Public Comment
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) intends to submit a request to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to amend the 1915(b) and 1915(c) Family Care waivers.
DHS will request the following changes to the existing 1915(b) waiver:
- Clarify that enrollment in a managed care organization (MCO) is mandatory in order to receive Family Care benefits.
- Establish non-risk payments to MCOs for Indian members who receive services from an Indian Health Care Provider (IHCP).
DHS will request the following changes to the existing 1915(c) waiver:
- Pursuant to federal law, modifiy the care management service definition to allow American Indian Health Care Providers (IHCPs) as a provider for care management for American Indian members.
- Establish a cost-based reimbursement methodology for IHCPs.
- Establish safeguards for American Indian members who receive care management and other services from an IHCP to get appropriate choice counseling to help them make fully informed choices about their long-term care services.
Providing information to and getting input from the public on changes is important to DHS as we prepare to submit the wavier amendment request. By law, you have the opportunity to review the official full public notice and waiver amendments and provide comments. Written comments will be accepted through May 30, 2018.
Please send your comments on the 1915(b) waiver amendment to:
Division of Medicaid Services Bureau of Adult Long Term Care Services, Attn: Family Care 1915(b) Waiver Amendment
P.O. Box 7851 Madison, WI 53707-7851.
A paper copy of the 1915(b) waiver amendment can be requested via the mailing or email address listed above.
Please send your comments on 1915(c) waiver amendment to:
Division of Medicaid Services Bureau of Adult Long Term Care Services, Attn: Family Care 1915(c) Waiver Amendment
P.O. Box 7851
Madison, WI 53707-7851
A paper copy of the 1915(c) waiver amendment can be requested via the mailing or email address listed above.
Complete information about the waiver amendments are located on the Family Care, Partnership, and PACE - What's New! webpage.
For more information about Medicaid HCBS waivers, please see the CMS website (link is external).