Help and Be Helped - Sources for Caregiver, People & Provider Connection
As we continue coming together to support people with disabilities through the COVID 19 Crisis in Wisconsin, we must look for creative ways to meet the changing needs of this new normal. An essential and growing need is resources for caregiver matching/temporary hires and collaboration regarding workforce and PPE needs.
Please see the following resources:
Help and Be Helped Communication Tool * with key resources, including:
In-home Supports Connection Registry
Respite Care Association of Wisconsin (RCAW) has modified its Respite Care Registry to connect temporarily displaced workers and others during the COVID-19 pandemic with in-home service provider agencies and self-directed consumers
- If you or someone you know is interested in providing in-home supports during the COVID 19 crisis, whether that be via direct hire with consumer or in-home provider agency, please sign up here to join the RCAW Registry
- If you are someone who needs in-home supports, please subscribe here to search RCAW’s Registry
- Respite Care Association of Wisconsin (RCAW) has modified its Respite Care Registry to connect temporarily displaced workers and others during the COVID-19 pandemic with in-home service provider agencies and self-directed consumers
- In-home Supports Connection Registry
Assisted Living Employment Opportunities
- WCCEAL (Wisconsin Coalition for Collaborative Excellence in Assisted Living) has a comprehensive listing of assisted living member agencies with permanent and temporary employment opportunities to provide supports in an assisted living setting.
- Assisted Living Employment Opportunities
Searchable Listing of Residential and Non-residential Organizations in Wisconsin
- Disability Services Provider Network (DSPN) has compiled a spreadsheet that can be filtered by city, county and home setting type
- See Provider Listing attached* – also available soon on DSPN website!
- We encourage agencies to use this connection tool to offer or ask for help from one another
- Searchable Listing of Residential and Non-residential Organizations in Wisconsin
- “Listen and Share” Virtual Meetings - WI APSE (Association of People Supporting Employment First) is hosting weekly provider “Listen and Share” virtual meetings throughout April – see Help and be Helped for more info.
- Latest PPE Information from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services
We are in this together!
Communication & connection workgroup:
RCAW – Lisa Schneider & Rachel Watkins Petersen
DSPN – Jeff Kaphengst
TMG – Patti Becker
INCLUSA – Tish Burmeister
WI APSE – Molly Keaveny