@ Monona Terrace, Madison WI
Disability Advocacy Day is designed to connect you with your legislators so you can talk about issues that matter to you. You are the expert in sharing how legislative policies affect people with disabilities in their everyday lives. The day starts with a briefing of issues you and your fellow constituents want to discuss with your legislators and after lunch the whole group heads to the capitol for their legislative meetings.
Two ways to register:
Wednesday, March 20,
Monona Terrace, One John Nolen Ave, Madison, WI
- There is small fee to register. $10 per person. NEW
- Order a lunch (optional) $10
- Everyone in attendance MUST
Direct Care Workers attending to assist you for the day must register for this event.
Additional people must complete their own registration form.
- Use your HOME/VOTING address to register. Business addresses or PO Boxes are not allowed.
- No on-site registration or walk-ins.
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
9:30: Check in: Monona Terrace, One John Nolen Drive, Madison
Stop by Voting Resource table. Spring Statewide Election April 2
10:30: Briefing on Survival Coalition’s current issues, planning time
12:15: Rally at the State Capitol, Hamilton Street Entrance (3 blocks away)
1:00- 3:00: Attend Legislative visits
3:00-3:30: Check out and debrief after your visit at the Capitol
- Participants support Survival Coalition’s mission to maximize community inclusion for all people with disabilities,
- Participants must attend the 10:30 a.m. briefing at the Monona Terrace Convention Center.
- Attend your legislative visits at the scheduled time with your group.
- Coordinate your own transportation (if you need assistance) to the Capitol (3 blocks away)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE March 8, 2019
Must be postmarked and paid for by March 8, so we have time to schedule
your legislative visit for you.
Don’t forget your Blue Disability Advocacy Day T-Shirt!